digital media access group
...excellent accessibility research and consultancy
This is a archived version of the DMAG website, but the information remains for reference. Please visit the new website for updated information.
Within this section, we provide some resources to help you understand more about accessibility. We are constantly updating both the information and the number of articles available - so make sure you check back in on this page regularly.
- Why Web Accessibility?
- Some compelling reasons for considering accessible design.
- Accessibility Myths Exploded
- Myths and misinterpretations abound when it comes to web accessibility. Here, we aim to set the record straight.
- People who may have difficulties accessing your Web Site
- Profiles of user groups affected by inaccessible design.
- Web Accessibility and Legislation
- Worried your web site might be breaking the law? Here are some articles and links to other web sites dealing with legislative issues and web accessibility.
- Designing Accessible Web Sites
- Articles on uncovering accessibility problems, and designing and maintaining accessible web resources.
- Case Studies
- Case Studies on web accessibility (originally published on the Disability and Information Systems in Higher Education (DISinHE) web site)
Web Sites and Literature
- Useful Web Sites
- A collection of links to other useful web sites about web design, accessibility and usability
- Useful Literature
- A list of references to accessibility literature.
While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of all information and links contained within these resources, it is the responsibility of the user/reader to check the accuracy of relevant facts before entering any financial or other commitment based upon them. If you do happen to come across any inaccuracies, DMAG would appreciate your help in informing us.