digital media access group
...excellent accessibility research and consultancy
This is a archived version of the DMAG website, but the information remains for reference. Please visit the new website for updated information.
Accessible Design in the Digital World Conference 2005 - Dundee, Scotland
By Lorna Gibson, published 16th December 2004.
The Digital Media Access Group is hosting a conference in August 2005. We hope that many of you reading this will be interested in attending and submitting to this conference. We hope to attract a mix of academic, industry and other interested parties together to share experiences and thoughts on the practicalities of implementing for an accessible future.
The Accessible Design in the Digital World Conference 2005 takes place in Dundee, Scotland from 23-25 August 2005.
The conference will explore the frontiers of inclusive design in the real world. It will examine some of the challenges in implementing the numerous guidelines and meeting legal responsibilities. There will be opportunities for discussion and debate among those at the front-line of design and development work and those providing guidance regarding accessible and inclusive design.
- Workshops: 1st February 2005
- Papers: 12th April 2005
- Posters: 24th May 2005
The programme committee is looking for posters, covering all aspects of accessible design in the digital world that may cover topic(s) falling into at least one of the following broad areas:
- New methods for inclusive design of accessible objects which enhance the quality of the user experience of technology and e-services.
- Emerging technologies and developments for inclusive and accessible design which will provide better experiences for users.
- The impact of inclusive design and its implementation – on designers, developers, users, service providers, etc.
- Examples of innovative designs which enhance accessibility
For more information about the conference, submissions and other ways to get involved, please visit the conference web site at www.accessinthedigitalworld.org